Aug 10, 2017

Fresh Linen Farmhouse Table

Heeeeey Friends! This is a quick post to show you my latest project. It's a seven foot farmhouse style table.


Lately I have been using the General Finishes brand of paint. OMG! It's amazing! So creamy and smooth. This table is done in the Linen color of their Milk Paint (link). One of the vendors at the shop sells it and I have fallen in love. It's not cheap but the prep work is low and it goes on so smooth.
I almost stained the top of this table in Ebony but at the last minute decided to keep the tones more warm and went with Minwax Dark Walnut instead. I also glazed the Linen paint color area with dark walnut. I have to say, I am trying other aging techniques like clear wax then dark wax or glazing formulas but I always go back to THIS technique.  I stand by my baby oil technique - after ten years! Really! I can go more into that in another post.
I included some wood chairs that came with a different table that I purchased a while ago. I painted them black and distressed them. Since the table is 7 feet long it needs more seating so I found two new linen covered cushion chairs to go on either end. I love the combination of colors and textures.

I wanted to share more photos here today but my camera is on the blink for a bit so here are some photos taken with my phone.
More to come soon! Have a super fun weekend! I get to spend this week with my parents in Williamsburg VA. Yay! Love that place - Love my family!

Until next time,

5 comments :

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Holly that table is gorgeous. Love love love the finish. Have an amazing time with your family.
Happy Weekend.
Kris

Tanya Derrey Bingham said...

Gorgeous!!!

Katie Mansfield said...

Fabulous table. I'm so glad you are blogging again. Have fun with your family.

Vicki Westbrook said...

It's beautiful! I love the General Finishes Milk Paint too, it's my favorite. You should try their Java Gel for a beautiful stained-look top, gorgeous!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Beautiful !!! Never used their paint before. Might have to give it a go.☺
Happy Sunday.
Hugs, Gee

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...